Exterior photograph of the Dickinson Branch Library located in Denver, Colorado. The one-story Italian Renaissance style building, of stuccoed brick with a red tile hipped roof, is associated with the nationwide public library movement sponsored and funded by grants from Andrew Carnegie’s philanthropic foundation. Designed by Denver architect Maurice Biscoe, the 1914 building was the smallest of eight branch libraries established by the City of Denver in the early 20th century. Named for Charles E. Dickinson, a prominent investment banker who served as one of the initial members of the Denver Library Commission, it continued to serve the surrounding community until 1954.
The Office of Archaeology and Historic Preservation, History Colorado, reserves all rights to materials in society collections, including, but not limited to, photographs, digital files and publications of the society. Publication or reproduction of photographs or other materials from History Colorado collections requires written permission from the Society.