Exterior photograph of the University of Denver Civic Center Classroom Building/Wellington E Webb Municipal Building located in the Civic Center area of Denver, Colorado. The 1949 classroom building is an important post World War II example of the International Style. The stair towers, the horizontally ribboned windows and the use of the cantilever are all distinctive characteristics of the style. Denver architects Casper Hegner, Thomas Moore, and Dudley Smith designed the building which was originally used as a Civic Center campus for the University of Denver. The City and County later used the building for city offices. In 2001-2002 the city constructed a multi-story addition to the northwest elevation. Denver architectural firms David Owen Tryba Architects and RNL collaborated on the design.
The Office of Archaeology and Historic Preservation, History Colorado, reserves all rights to materials in society collections, including, but not limited to, photographs, digital files and publications of the society. Publication or reproduction of photographs or other materials from History Colorado collections requires written permission from the Society.