In this interior view of the Healy House Museum, on the northwest corner of Harrison Avenue and East Tenth Street in Leadville, Colorado, a cast iron stove sit in front of a sunlit window with long tie-back curtains. The stove has raised legs and an ornate skirt. A wooden chair with spindles is to the left behind the stove. The house was built in 1878 by August Meyer. In 1881, it became the First Methodist Episcopal Church parsonage, and in 1886, the home of Patrick A. and Ellen Healy Kelly who transferred ownership to her brother Daniel Healy. Later, his cousin Nellie occupied the house and then donated it to the Leadville Historical Association. It was restored in 1938 by the National Youth Administration and was presented to the State Historical Society in 1947.
Formerly WO777.; Leadville designated a National Historic District in 1968.; Photoprint has a white border with a narrow black border.; Photoprint has adhesive staining on back.; Title handwritten on back of photoprint.; R7100002786
1 photonegative ; 11 x 7 cm. (4 1/2 x 2 3/4 in.); 1 photoprint ; 10 x 6 cm. (4 x 2 1/2 in.)
Is Part Of
Muriel Sibell Wolle estate, 1977.
Leadville (Colo.)--1940-1950.; Galleries & museums--Colorado--Leadville--1940-1950.; Houses--Colorado--Leadville--1940-1950.; Interiors.; Healy House State Museum.
Restrictions applying to use or reproduction of this image available from the Western History/Genealogy Dept., Denver Public Library.
Reproduction Available for Purchase
Yes (digital reproduction)
Type of Material
Film negatives.; Photographic prints.; Imaged.; Image